Due to the pandemic of COVID 19, Tribhuvan University halted all the classes. From 2077 Chaitara 9, CDLIS started its class for the first semester before TU formally decided to run online classes. Along with regular classes, CDLIS continued students’ internship report presentation, and thesis proposal writing classes.
Apart from classes CDLIS started to organize webinar series, which was held 5 series upto now.
- The first webinar series-1 titled “Security and preventive measure for library data in Nepal”, on 30th May, 2020 (2077 Jestha 17 Saturday). For the digital presence of libraries and other organizations, their websites are made. At the same time, it was equally important to know about the security of the website. Perhaps, the website hacking will not be cured permanently, but its continuous alert about it’s unauthorized use must be done. The main theme of the webinar was to make librarians aware about the know-how on how to prevent library data. The registrar Prof. Dr. Shiva Lal Bhusal has also expressed his well wishing words during the program.
- The second webinar series-2 titled “Preserving measures of websites in Nepal: case study of library’s websites” on 13th June 2020. The resources person was Chiranjibi Adhikari. The program was mutually organized with Center for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CSRI)
- The 3rd webinar series-3 titled “Digital tools for literature search using Research4Life” on 29th June 2020. The resource person for the program was Chandra Bhusan Yadav, librarian of Nepal Health Research Center. It was basically targeted for research students for knowing proper searching mechanisms and letting them access online resources.
- The 4th webinar series-4 titled “ Applying Reference Management Tool: Zotero” on July 17 and 18th, 2020. The webinar was held as a two days workshop where Sanjeev Singh, a student, facilitated the workshop. It was a complementary program for the 3rd webinar series. Academic writing practices require citing literature in a proper way, hence, the workshop helps to fulfill the need of reference management and proper citation.
- The 5th webinar series-5 titled “Global online courses for librarians: an orientation program” on 30 August 2020 (14 Bhadra, 2077). The orientation program was facilitated by Bishwa Raj Gautam, Regional English Language Program Specialist for the U.S Embassy’s office in Nepal. It was a very timely issue raised. The online learning opportunities could be found by students. The resource person Mr. Gautam has well delivered different ways to grab such opportunities.
- These webinar series were held in celebration of the 13th Library Day. In addition students of CDLIS Goma Luitnel, Pooja Sharma, Jyoti Bhattarai, Kishor Poudel and Sanjeev Singh has published their articles in the Smarika published during the 13th Library Day